Present appearance of former monastery in close distance to Šternberk Castle comes from the 18th century. Together with the parish church they belong to most signifi cant baroque architecture of the town. Painter Jan Kryštof Handke and sculptors Filip Sattler and Jan Kammerreith – excellent artists of Moravian Baroque, participated in decoration of monastery buildings. Baroque rebuilding of the monastery fi nished in the years 1775 – 1783. The monastery invites to J. K. Handke´s art gallery, exposition of town history, tower clocks, wine gallery and monastery vaultings.